Sunday, October 9, 2011

Brett's trip

I think I blogged a little bit about Brett being gone for 2 weeks. He just got back 2 days ago. He was in training for his new job in St. Louis, Missouri. He spent the first week studying pharma and drug interactions and a bunch of other stuff that I tuned out when he was describing it to me. He stressed, studied constantly, and ended up getting a 99.5% on the exam. WOWZA! I married me a brainiac!
Since he didn't come home that weekend, General Conference weekend, he and his bud from work, rented a car and drove a couple of hours to Nauvoo, IL. They spent the whole day there and since it was conference weekend, they got personal tours from the sweet missionaries who work there. The place was deserted! So, with his totally awesome phone, he sent me and the kids pics and updates as often as he could. They turned out pretty awesome, and so I thought I would share.
**The Mansion House in Nauvoo.
**Brigham Young's house. Apparently the tall, middle section was all that was built while Brigham was away. When he returned, he was a little fired up about how small it was and requested it be made bigger. The lower sides were then added.

**The Temple and Brett (it was closed).

**The bullet hole in Carthage Jail.

**The window that the Prophet Joseph fell out of when the mob stormed Carthage Jail.

**Outside view of Carthage Jail.

No comments: