Since I haven't got the nerve to post a picture of Nat's stitches, I will just have to tell you about them. She had the "procedure" done early Monday morning, and less than an hour later was checked in at middle school to go to first period. We stopped by the nurse's office and got her some tylenol, and she went off to class as I explained a few things to the nurse.
She did great. The doctor and nurse at the dermatologist office were fantastic, warm, and great care takers. The only part that was hard for Nat was the right before, when you are waiting in the big room with the big lights, and when the doc was numbing the area. He had to stick that needle in a couple of times and move it around to get it good and numb. Nat looked over at me and mouthed "When is he going to start?". I giggled and told her he had already gotten everything out and was getting ready to close her up! So, it went well. They took out a centimeter deep oval section (about as big as an adult's thumbnail), and gave her a 2.5 cm long scar!
She got 4 internal stitches, and 10 external. I believe her scar will look like a little caterpillar for a couple of months. She can't pull, throw, or push for the next two weeks, and she gets to wear a cool bandage that she can change all by herself. The sad part is no dodge ball for two weeks either. She is learning to cope with that disappointment! So, all is good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Glad everything went ok...that is crazy that she didn't even know he had started :) Cute pictures of Ethan too :) We'll have to come see one of his matches/meets/games?? what do they call it :)
Good to know everything went well and amazing that she was back at school so soon! I would have milked it for days...just thinking about all the milkshakes I would have had makes me hungry now.
poor nat....i am glad she is a trooper. ps i love the header of your blog, i think that soda machine is so AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment