They say "A picture says a thousand words". Well, considering my camera is being repaired at the moment, and I have no new pictures to post...here are my words. Maybe a thousand, maybe not.
We ended up having a good week. We unpacked and did laundry for like 3 or 4 days for our ONE NIGHT camping trip! (Actually, I did laundry.) I can't believe how much laundry comes back from such a short camping trip! In addition to all of that mess, we swam, played with friends, picked tomatoes from our barely there garden. AND, we picked some carrots. The kids are counting the days till the zukes are ripe and ready. We finally figured out Natalie's contact prescription, and have ordered her contacts! We went on many bike rides, made banana bread, read a book or two, and had a crazy couple of days of rain and lightning and thunder.
Friday night Brett and I had our date night with Ethan. We have been trying to go out with one child a month for date night. Ethan LOVES Panda Express, and ate an entire order of orange chicken and mandarin chicken. We then went to Krispy Kreme! Ethan had 1 doughnut and declared he was so full his stomach hurt. (Brett and I lost count of how many we ate!) To top the evening off, we attended a free magic show at the YMCA. It was pretty amazing. Ethan loves magic shows, and I could see him whispering to a friend he found there about how the magic was done. It was a blast. So much fun to have him all to ourselves for a few hours.
The camera got sent back to Sony. Brett called them and explained what happened, and since we only bought it last October, they said it was covered under warranty! What? Really? Keep your fingers crossed. We are waiting to hear back from them now that they have it.
One last note, I found out today that I possibly have multiple stress fractures in my foot. It has bothered me on and off since some time this winter. I thought it was my shoes, or jumping on it in kick boxing class, etc. It would hurt after I worked out and then would go away. Lately, it has been hurting constantly. So, I had an xray done today, and it looks like stress fractures. They are hard to detect with just an xray; you need an MRI. I didn't want to pay for that, so we are treating it like a stress fracture. Basically this means, I have to rest it, where a "special" shoe, and no kick boxing for a month. Yes, I am bummed. Now I have to swim in that nasty YMCA water. YUCKY! But, I rode my bike today with the shoe on ,and it felt great. So, there is hope...
It's late, I better go rest my foot. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Camping makes for a bigger mess at home, it always did with us. Bobbi Jo had a stress fracture a couple of years ago. She went through the same thing. It will get better, it takes time.
Post a Comment