I will never forget that day. I had been working, and Brett had taken her to get her glasses. When she got up from her nap, I went in to get her and put her glasses on. She exclaimed, "oh momma, oh momma!" And patted my face and hair. It was an amazing experience.
She has worn glasses. We have done eye patching. We have covered the glasses' lens. Most recently, we did bifocals for a couple of years. She is back in regular lenses, and the doctor said if she could take the contacts in and out all by herself, then she was ready. She WAS!
Today, she got contacts. Another amazing moment in her life. A moment showing us all that these kiddos are growing up.
Summer of 2001. Taken by my neice, Keri. Too cute. Nat was 3 years old.
Natalie at almost 2 years old. These are her first style of glasses. They wrapped around her ears. We went through a few broken pairs, and I still have a pair saved for memories.Tomorrow is her last day in elementary school, and she will wear contacts. I don't know if she will be able to sleep tonight.
3 comments:
My Megan has a similar problem, she has the drifting in both eyes. We noticed it at 4 months and she was in glasses at 6 months. Glasses aren't working for her still and we have had 3 surgeries so far with one pending. We too have done the patching and such. Reading this post brought back all the memories of Megan and her first pair of glasses. I love the baby pictures of tiny glasses! It is so nice to hear that something is working and she looks great - both in and out of her glasses! Congrats! (sorry about the long rambling comment!)
I bet she was excited!!!!!
Connie, I bet Nat was happy and she looks so cute Mom, PS I love Ethan's party pictures
Post a Comment