Wednesday, October 17, 2012

a few discoveries

Oh my gosh!  I am going to post about something other than volleyball.  Yes, that's right, it is the end of the volleyball season.  Now on to bigger and better things...
The girls have a job.  They clean an office once a week.  They were done in 3 hours on the first night, so they are excited.
Ethan is reading The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan.  It's part of the Heroes of Olympus series.  For all of you Percy Jackson fans, it is a great little series to follow up with.  If he could, Ethan would read it all day!
Dad is getting ready to do some dinner presentations for work.  So, he is in and out of Montana over the next few weeks.
The Boise Temple Open House is in full swing.  I hear it is amazing on the inside, and I can't wait, we go on Saturday to see it all.
College football, pro football, NBA basketball, and the Presidential debate take up any spare moments in our home.
Mom is subbing quite a bit right now.  She works with a lot of students from different parts of the world, and loves it!  She has been crafting lately (thanks to Pinterest) and maybe will share some creations and disasters with the blog!

Here are a few of our favorite things right now.
Brett just starting working with the 11 yr. old scouts in our area.  Here are his supplies!  In the blue carry all?  The advancement poster.  



Homemade cocoa mix from Better Homes and Garden cook book.  I love how it says NEW in the title. This was a wedding gift almost 20 years ago, and we still love this book!  I refer to it often, and when I discovered the hot cocoa mix last year, I wasn't surprised that it was a hit.  And then, Jet Puffed came out with the Mallow Bits.  Have you tried them?  Delish with the cocoa, or even by the handful according to Dad.  YUMMY


Yes, I am blogging about a kitchen utensil that I am in love with.  I am not changing over to a cooking blog...ha!, but I have to tell you about this little tool.  It cost me about 10 bucks, and I hemmed and hawed about it in the store, but with my 20% off coupon at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I had to try it.  One end removes the avocado pit, the other cleans it out and slices it up all nice and purdy.  LOVE IT!

Last thing. Mom has to replace her workout shoes about every 6 months.  These are the new ones.  Nike has been my favorite brand and when I found these on sale at Shopko, I no longer thought about the cute purple ones that I tried to get at the huge Nike sale, but they didn't have a size that fit my giant flippers!  Plus, they match my gym buddies New Balance kicks.  
And, of course, as every 10 year old  knows, they make me run faster!

No comments: