YeeHaw! I can grow something that produces something yummy. RASPBERRIES! And I made lots of jam this week. 19 pints and 7 half pints! We have about 2 more weeks of picking left! I can't believe we were finally able to grow something. Three years ago we planted 3 raspberry bushes, and we waited through that first summer with no fruit. Last summer we had quite a bit come on around the 4th of July. This year we saw the berries before we left for the beach in mid-June. We came back and have picked berries every other day. I froze them until I was good and ready to make jam, and at that time we had 3 gallon sized freezer bags full. Yum Yum in my Tum Tum.
Now, don't go thinkin' that I have a green thumb. Last year I had to use my neighbor's awesome garden to make delicious salsa because my sad attempt was just that-SAD. This year Brett and I made a new raised garden box. We put premium soil in it, and I have fussed over that garden everyday. Here is what we have so far. Our onions are amazing! They are getting so tall and big. I planted 4 zucchini plants, and only 2 are living right now. (I mean, really, how do you kill zucchini?) Wait, it gets better. I have planted SEVEN tomato plants, and it looks like I will have possibly 3 survive. (And my fingers are crossed on those 3). Also, I planted 2 green pepper plants and 2 red ones. They died. A fast and miserable death. I planted 4 more, and they are struggling. A slow, trembling type of struggle. I will keep you posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment