Monday, August 22, 2011

No pictures

So sorry folks, but we have been experiencing some technical difficulties with downloading picturs to our computers. The USB cord that connects my lovely camera to the computer has decided it doesn't want to work. Our computer that we just stuck our camera's memory card in to download, DIED! So, we are w/out capabilities right now. BUT, that doesn't mean we have nothing to talk about!

We registered the older two for school last week. Both are playing sports this fall, and so in addition to the lovely registration fees, we paid the sports participation fees. Needless to say, I was pretty nervous about all those dollar signs, but it is done. I keep telling the kids when they ask what's for dinner that we're having Ramen noodles for the REST OF THE SCHOOL YEAR! (ha ha) They know I am kidding, sort of.

We came back from high school registration, just me and my SOPHOMORE! I know, I can't believe it either. Anyway, here's the conversation when we got home.

ME: Ethan, you should have come with us. We got to see the Robotics club demo their awesome robot.
E: Did it pick things up?
ME: No, but it swatted at things, and it moved around really well.
E: Oh no biggie.
ME: OH, and we saw your most favorite person in the whole wide world there...
E: Who? Albert Einstein?

ME and JESS: nnnnnooo, this person is first of all, ALIVE, and he is the 16 year old that lives in our neighborhood, and...
E: Oh yeah, I know, it's Jeff!
***He idolizes Jeff, and apparently Albert.

1 comment:

Gray Family said...

That's the funniest conversation I've heard today! Put a huge smile on my face! How you are not doubled over in laughter all the time talking to that kid I don't know! BTW I didn't think we were old enough to have high school kids!?