Monday, January 3, 2011

More Christmas...

When I went to bed at 12:45am on Christmas morning, I silently prayed that a little 8 year old boy would not come bounding down the hall at 5am. I did a fist pump at 6:03 that same morning when I rolled over and peeked at my clock, and not a creature was stirring STILL! I went back to sleep and was woken up a mere 30 minutes later. Brett and I made the kids wait till a little before 7 am before they could go downstairs and destroy their stockings. We made it down to the tree a wee bit past 7am. 7:00 is so much better than 5:30!

Brett looks like he is till sleeping, but he was just waiting for the next gift!

J. in her cute Nike shirt. ** We colored her hair on Christmas eve...a beautiful Iced Chocolate. She and I did it in the laundry room. Totally cute.
Nat with her snuggie gift from Jess.
Sideways pic of Jess and her big-o ring from Nat.
OH MY GOSH! Santa hid a present. "Good Ole Blue" was discovered about 10:30 on Christmas morning when Santa left a pack of bb's in the "junk" drawer in the kitchen. We immediately when dumpster diving for soda cans and plastic bottles. Ethan couldn't believe Santa brought him such a cool gift! He didn't even mention he might want one until Christmas Eve while watching the Christmas Story. And, believe it or not...no one has shot their eye out!
Ethan with one of his all time favorite books...Diary of a Wimpy Kid.
We survived it all. I love Christmas Day! We don't have any family near us, and that makes us all feel sad and lonely at times. Brett and I try real hard to have fun traditions, but this year, we started a new tradition. Mom naps on Christmas Day. It worked out well for me and everyone else. Apparently, all I have to do is go lay down on my bed, and whoosh! 3 hours later, I wake up! Brett immediately napped after the unwrapping of the gifts for about an hour. I like my tradition more. 3 hours is amazing...

No comments: