Thursday, December 23, 2010

Counting down the days

We are anxiously counting down to the BIG day at our house. Ethan told me this morning he wants to sleep for the next 2 days and wake up in time for Christmas morning. The excitement is finally getting to him. I personally like the idea of my kids sleeping for the next 2 days so I can get a few things done!
Speaking of the little man. He didn't write a letter to the big man in red this year, and when it came time to go to the ward Chrismtas breakfast he skipped out. Even when we told him Santa would be there; he didn't want to go. He told me yesterday while we were in the car ( I was secretly taking him to the mall to see the only available Santa I could think of) that he hadn't wanted to see Santa because he really didn't know what he wanted this year. (So true. He is the only one who didn't give me a list this year!) Plus, he feels like he is too big to sit on Santa's lap.
I then told him we were headed to see Santa. He would talk to the big man, and he was going to smile for a picture. I proceeded to expound on how the experience would unfold because he was my youngest and he would see Santa every year until I said it was enough. I also used some mommy guilt about my time, and the gas in the car, etc. He pouted. We got there. The line was HORRENDOUSLY long and filled with a bunch of frilly dressed pacifier accessorized preschoolers. I said, "Fine. You don't have to see Santa this year. Just walk around the mall with me and your sister. AND, you have to hold my hand!" Hand in hand, we spent a lovely couple of hours at the mall yesterday!
I call this photo "Ethan's trip to see Santa"!
The book wreath that caused me some serious glue gun burns on my fingers. Mom, now that you have a Nook. If your online book sale doesn't work out for you...you can make these lovely "Book" wreaths. I can't remember where I found this idea, but I have made two.
Brett played Risk with the kids the other day. Ethan ended up winning!

No comments: