Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday, Conference Weekend, and a Nap

Today was a gloriously cold Easter Sunday in our neck of the woods. It was also General Conference for our church. General Conference happens 2 times a year, and if you live where we do or have some type of satellite, you can watch the sessions at home! General Conference weekend consists of 2 two hour televised church meetings from Utah, featuring the prophet, apostles and other world church leaders.
Above: Ethan, Jack, and Brett during the Sunday morning session of conference!
**I can't seem to get my pictures to post in order...so we jump around a little in this post!
Ethan showing off his 70 EASTER EGGS from the neighborhood Easter egg hunt on Saturday!

Ethan and his competition at the Easter egg hunt. There were about 10 kids in his age division. These guys are at the starting line ready to go!!!
Isn't this the cutest? We only watched conference on Sunday this year (too busy and crazy on Saturday), but here I am showing how much I enjoyed the afternoon session. I remember I fell asleep during Elder Hales talk and woke up during Bro Shwitzer's (sp?). It was such a good nap.

The girls did their nails! Finally...

Jessica's conference bingo card. We used some of her yummy Easter candy! Back in Virginia when I was growing up, we had to drive to watch conference at church. So, dressed in our Sunday best, we drove a couple of hours, sat in church, and had to be super quiet! My kids were quiet, but busy. It is funny how well they listen when they do the bingo cards!
Morning session.

More snuggling.
All in all, it was a pretty awesome weekend. I am glad conference was on Easter Sunday, we heard some really great talks and had some good family time. I am so glad that spring break is over, and we are back to a little routine tomorrow!

No comments: