Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Counting down the days~

This was taken Monday morning at 7:45ish. The girls go to catch the bus at 7:13 (ish), and Ethan has to be out the door around 8:30am. Ethan is usually up right at the time the girls leave, but lately, he has been sleeping in. Since it's winter, and it's dark when the girls go to the bus stop, I try to drive them so they can sit in the warm car until the bus gets there. If Ethan is sleeping when I return, I like to turn on the tree lights and sit by the fire to read.
It is the most relaxing time of the day for me...if I use it in this way. I TRY to write in my journal, read the scriptures, ponder, reflect, and just get ready for what lies ahead. I have noticed that if I take that time each day, and some days I have to take it several times thoughout the day, I am more calm about everything that pops up at me. That is a true blessing and gift from God. Every mother needs a little bit of that gift!
I had a rare gift given to me this weekend by my family. I got a weekend alone. In my home. Alone. Brett took the kids to Utah for the Nichols' Family Christmas party. I stayed home for a few reasons...1)I was subbing for a friend who had swine flu Friday afternoon. 2) We didn't want to wait for me to leave Boise at night, getting us to Utah at 10 or 11pm. 3) I thought about canceling the subbing job, but then 4)Brett and I decided it would be okay for him to leave at 1:30 that afternoon, and for me to stay home.
A whole weekend to myself. It was wonderful. I do feel revived and ready to go. No, I didn't take a single picture to blog to the universe about my wild and crazy weekend. Let's just say, I slept in a lot, and I didn't answer my phone...at all. It was very quiet, and very relaxing, and I watched a few good movies and took care of some neglected feet! Too much information, I know. Anyway, I am ready now for the next 10 days till Christmas. I hope you are too!

1 comment:

Fun times said...

So glad you were able to take time for yourself. Every mom needs to do that every once in awhile. Good for Brett too for taking care of the kids!