Friday, November 13, 2009

Get ready for ALOTTA pictures!

Miss Jess in 3D glasses from "A Christmas Carol". She calls them her "nerd" glasses. She had PROMISED me she would wear them to school today, but she didn't.
Me on my 40th Birthday! Jess made the "Snowball Cake". It's a devil foods cake mix with a cream cheese center, and it's baked in a bowl! Then covered with a vanilla pudding whipped cream frosting and coconut. It was yummy.
Birthday flowers from my parents! (And they are still alive!)
Yummy snowball cake. Half-coconut, Half not for Brett and Ethan!

Looking 40! What more can I say?

Ethan (E-Town)and his red face after his first basketball game this season. We had 6 kids show up for the first game so Ethan played a ton! Can you tell?
E-Town manning the defense!
Halloween night! OOOOOOO Scary girls. (In addition to Jessica's pillowcase of candy, she got FIVE regular sized candy bars!)
The Grim Reaper visiting the 2nd grade classroom. They kept him pacified with a lollipop! Bloody mask and sword stayed at home.
During the class Halloween parties, a parent dressed up and walked the halls. The kids were dying to know who it was. I never found out!
So, that's us in a nutshell. Brett and I are battling colds and other ailments that beset the older generation! I got a cortisoneshot in my big toe joint last week. It has been hurting for almost a year, and after the intense pain of the shot, my foot feels fantastic. I love medicine!
Brett is seeing the chiropractor right now for a back that has hurt him for years. He is starting to feel flexible!
I just marvel at the happiness we feel from friends and family. Our kids have their moments that cause us to struggle with what to say and how to say it, and cause us to drop to our knees for help, but they continue to impress us and make us smile. Our lives are good, and I am grateful. LOVE YOU ALL!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

Sis Bird -- We can't possible be that old :O
Melinda