Well folks, the cookie this week was your basic chocolate chip cookie bar. They were a hit! Now I have discovered a whole new genre of cookies to bake. I have enjoyed the "cookie committment", but we have had to revamp it a little. I definitely can't make cookies each week...there are just too many. Also, some cookies haven't been bestsellers (the zucchini choc. chip and the lemon). I still have some lemon cookies in the freezer! BUT I wanted to expose the kids to other yummies besides the ones with chococlate chips, and I have learned to not mess with the basics. So, I will blog on the cookies when it is a new recipe only!
And then on a more healthful note...I have gone back to Dr. Rader. My weight loss specialist. I had only seen him once this year, and it was showing. I was slipping into some old eating habits and feeling lousy. I have realized that I need to be "babysat" for awhile in order to get my head on straight and eat healthily. (Is that even a word?) He always has these little sayings that get stuck in my head, and so I must share with all six of you!
1) If it's a carb, and it's white...it's not right. (Ever...)
2) With the holidays approaching, I want you to remember it's just a holiDAY. It's not a holiDAYS, nor a holiWEEK, and absolutely not a holiMONTH.
3) Because the tooth fairy knows where the kids' Halloween candy gets hidden after Halloween, she needs to BUY the candy from the kids within 48 hours after the day, and THROW it OUT!
4) Treats are WASTED. They either go to your WAIST, or they are a WASTE. Either way, they are wasted. Decide which waste is for you.
Enjoy the pearls of wisdom. I have got a whole booklet of them, don't worry. I will continue to share! Love to all (six of you!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Love the words of wisdom...thanks for sharing! You are awesome!!
Great words of wisdom - I seem to think it's a holiSEASON! Then I spend the rest of the year trying to make up for that! I think you look great - always! Am I one of the six?
I am with you I need to get my "head on straight" I think I was celebrating a sugar filled year, its crap, I wish brownies, chocolate, and chocolate poptarts were never invented. :)
Post a Comment