Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Husky Howl Basket

Heritage Middle School has a fundraiser every year called "Husky Howl." You can buy tickets to the dinner (which is catered by a local restaurant), and to the school carnival type games. Also, each advisory "homeroom" is responsible for putting together a basket that will either be put in a silent auction or the other auction. I volunteered to put together Natalie's class' basket. We got the "Tour of Italy" basket.
Parents could either donate items for the basket or money, or not donate anything right now. We had tons of participation, and it was fun for me to see what was being donated. One mom donated this HUGE basket that her husband said they had tried for years to get rid of, and it keeps coming back to them. Lucky for us, because we needed a big basket! We had $80 and about 15 items in donations!
With the money, I bought a Panini press!, a pasta/dried sauce olive oil mix (it was really cute), Giada de Laurentis Tuscan herbal mix, and a few other items. But I was stoked about the panini press.
So, included are pictures of the front and back of the basket. Which by the way, weighed a TON! I was shaking and my heart was pounding after I walked it in to the school today!
Fingers crossed, we raise some money!
Back
Front

2 comments:

Wendy Rich said...

B-E-A utiful....I really like it! I hope it brings in lots of $. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hope it does go well for you, but I want the biscotti's in the front of the basket.