Sunday, September 27, 2009

Still baking...


Evidently done with waiting for mom to continue with the CCCC (Connie's crazy cookie commitment), Natalie has had to take matters into her own hands. Literally. She was rolling sugar cookie dough and then dipping it in crushed up Butterfingers this morning before 1:00pm church. I actually gave her the idea, so I still helped facilitate the cookie commitment! She named these: Golden Surprise. Yummy! We also used store bought sugar cookie dough. (It's called survival mode...see below.)
What has caused the slow down in cookie production? Why has Connie not kept up with her end of the bargain?
2 REASONS!
1) A huge surplus of frozen cookies. I thought it was way too many to keep making cookies EVERY week. 2) I took a subbing job (remember my less than part time job?)that was for 2 and a half weeks.
When I work everyday, we go to "survival mode". We do what I can handle and forget about anything else. PLUS, it has been volleyball season, and we are highly committed to attending as many games as possible, so every Monday and Friday. (BTW: home game tomorrow vs. Sawtooth).

FAMILY UPDATE
We went to Utah last weekend to see BYU play FSU. No pictures. Forgot camera. Totally enjoyed staying with Brett's mom and dad and seeing family. We spent ALL day Saturday at BYU: went to the bookstore, ate at the Brick Oven, walked around campus, saw the Women's volleyball team beat Air Force in 3 sets, and endured the football game. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun. We were just so disappointed in the outcome of the game.
We all got BYU gear and an awesome "Y" flag for the porch.
Our ward went through some boundary changes, and we had a portion of our ward split off. It was very noticeable to me today at church. Lots of changes with callings, and I am sure more to come. Jess and I made up some goody bags to give to some of her leaders who are gone now. She really missed her Sunday school teacher. He was a riot and always taught a good class.
Oh well. Not much else is new. I finish up my job this Wednesday. I am excited to not work for awhile. I will really miss those kids I have been working with. They are so cute...

4 comments:

Fun times said...

iT'LL BE NICE TO HAVE YOU BACK HOME THOUGH :) I HAVE MISSED YOU! oOPS, I JUST SAW THAT i AM IN CAPS LOCK, BUT i DON'T WANT TO RETYPE ALL OF THIS :) sORRY, BUT i AM NOT YELLING AT YOU , i PROMISE :)

Gray Family said...

so I want to hear... how were the cookies, butterfingers/sugar dough - sounds yummy enough. Reading about the brick oven brought back way too many memories! Miss you today - have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Sis, you have really been busy. I hand it to ya, and don't blame ya for the survival mode on the cookies. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

I could really go for some of those sugar/butterfingers cookies right now. I am trying not to snack too late but cookies are my kryponite. I think that is how you spell it.