Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The trip

We are home! I am still doing laundry, and it has taken a couple of hours (minus a dr appt and a fast Target trip) to post the slideshow.
I just wanted to explain our little Salt Lake City trip. Brett had a meeting for work in downtown Salt Lake. We decided to pack up and tag along since we have cousins down there. While Brett was in is meeting on Tuesday, LeAnn and I and the 6 kids jumped on the trax and headed downtown. Cassie, LeAnn's oldest, is 1 day older than Jessica. Those two are joined at the hip. We saw the beautiful Joseph Smith movie playing at the Legacy theatre. We also walked around and hung out at the Gateway Center. After lunch at COSTA VIDA, yummmmmmy!, and shopping, we went to this fantastic kids' museum, Discovery Gateway. It's all hands on and devoted to curious kids' minds. They have a Life Flight helicopter on the top of the place, and if you watch the slideshow you'll see the kiddos "all over it".
We also saw lots of new babies that have been born in the family. Brett and I are their "Great" Uncle and Aunt (of course). We saw Grandma and Grandpa, cousins, aunts and uncles. Just lots of fun. We saw the movie "Up" in 3D, and got to wear the cool glasses to see it. Also, we did a few crafts and visited and laughed a lot.
Friday we hit Lagoon for the day and then drove home to Boise that night. Ethan is tall enough to ride all the big rides now, and he loved the Colossus! Brett got a little sick, but recovered after a big lunch and a huge Diet coke!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looked like a bunch of fun.

Gray Family said...

How much fun was that trip! I love impromtu trips - not the laundry afterwards. I can't believe how much your girls look like you! Here's to a great summer!