Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fun times...good times

As you may know, I have been subbing as the librarian at the kids' elementary school since the beginning of May. It has been a fun opportunity because I get to see Nat and Ethan a lot during the day. Plus, I love getting to know the kids in the area better. And, of course, I love the books! I created a game called Mystery book in a box. We have a huge box with several books in it. I read sections from the books without showing them to the class; they guess the title. I have done this with 4th and 5th graders, and we have had a blast.
This is a picture of the "papeles cortados" that we did for Cinco de Mayo. It's a Mexican folk craft. They look similar to luminaries except they are not 3D. I will have to take those down this week for the kiddos to take home with them.

Our nephew, Jason, graduated this weekend from BSU so we had family come to visit. Barbra and Keith came in Saturday and stayed till Monday. We got to visit with Jason and all of his family. No pictures. Super lame of me I know. This was Saturday night playing games. I love these two so much!
Green Paws! Our silly dog after we mow the yard. He runs through the grass and gets his pawsies all stained. We almost lost him when he was left outside for over 3 hours one day when I was at work. Brett had forgot and left him in the front yard! Shame shame. You know what kills me about that...Brett leaves him in the front yard, totally neglects him, and he sits and whines by the door for Brett to come from work. Jack loves Brett a TON!
Cute and silly girls. Everytime I pick up my camera, I have a GAZILLION self portraits of these chicas. I think I have blogged about this before. Is it bad of me to delete some of the pics off of the camera? I always feel a little bad so I have to post some here to feel better.
One of the gazillion photos of Jess. At least it's not one of the kissy face poses that are all over facebook.
Me and Natalie late Saturday night playing 10,000 or Farkle, or that crazy dice game. It has several names, and we just love it. You can visit while you play it. It's easy to learn, and it has a little bit of chance to it. Less than 2 weeks and school is out. Will I ever be ready for it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3 Beautiful gals in those photos. Looks like Jack is turning into the dog in the movie "mask". By the way, Some Birds can swim with frogs. Love you