Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

Ok, so I have been sick with a yucky cold all week. Both Brett and I have been. He is getting better, and I think I am worse tonight than I have been all week. Plus, our computer has been sick. Twice it has died this week, and I along with it as I realize that I haven't copied ALL of my pictures. Alas, everything has been restored for now and lovely pictures have been saved.
On top of all this, Brett's company announced last Thursday that they were "restructuring" aka layoffs are in store. They "restructured" the regional managers Thursday and the district managers on Friday. We were told the sales reps would know by 5pm on Wednesday, the 28th. We were really prepping for the worst (you may recall the layoff of 2006...11 months of fun, well, we learned a little bit from that one). Fortunately, he still has a job. It was a close one, and quite a few people he knows are gone. (Out of about 1100 reps, they cut 500 people.) We were lucky this time. But, my heart goes out to all those who weren't.
To end on a good note, I subbed today in the ELL class (English Language Learners) and met a little girl named Mhettillickya. (It's pronounced Metalica, like that rock group.) I know, I couldn't believe it either. Ok, so I need to go to bed so I can clean and grocery shop for Super Bowl Sunday. (I have been tagged by the ABC game, thanks Kim, but I am highly drugged at this moment and am already afraid of what I have typed. Will do it later)

1 comment:

Gray Family said...

I am stuck on what to say - I am so sorry you are sick, wish I was there to help! But on the other hand what a relief for you and Brett, what with both the job and the computer! How scary! How horrible to lose that many people - what a sickening thing to happen! I can't wait to read about what you love, take your time first and get better! Happy SuperBowl! Love you!