We made it through Halloween with lots of candy and seeing tons of cute costumes. Then we changed gears, and got the house turned into an Italian cafe for the Sadie Hawkin's dance on Saturday night.
Ethan was our only one to dress up for trick or treating, and he was our Mad Scientist. (Not much of a stretch there. He is constantly doing experiments.) Halloween started with dry ice bombs with the neighbors. Then, off to the park for the Halloween walk! And, then, time to run around the neighborhood knocking on doors. We let him go with just his friends, and no parents, and it was glorious!
For Sadie's, Jess and her friends made superhero t shirts and each couple was a different super hero. (Not a single pic of the dates. I can't believe we forgot.) They did a progressive dinner, and we hosted the salad and Italian sodas! YUMMY. I am half Italian, and I had to google Italian sodas. I found some great blogs with ideas, and I decided to do a Make-Your-Own-Italian-Soda-Bar! All you need are the flavors, club soda, and cream. Jess said they had a great time, and I made Jess clean the car before her date, so now I have a super clean vehicle. YAY!
 |
| Our Italian chef mustaches for the cafe. This is after; we were chilling out with a movie. |
 |
| Our red, white, and green entry way welcomed our superheroes. |
 |
| Just some cafe tables and lights. |
 |
| Yummy Italian sodas. I found the glasses at Goodwill for only 69 cents! |
 |
| Ethan...the mad scientist! |
 |
| Carnations, tablecloths, red and green. It was a lot of fun. |
 |
| Our soda bar with chalkboard explaining how to make your own. |
 |
| Awesome soda fountain glasses. |
 |
| Flavorings, cherries, stirring sticks complete the bar. |
2 comments:
That looks so fun!! Great job Mom :)
My, oh my! I will be calling when Paige starts going to dances...great idea and very cute display!
Post a Comment