My girls showered and braided each other's hair all before 7am!
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Vienna Woods Ward Trek: Day One
I just got back from sending my two daughters off on their first pioneer hand cart trek. We will go to a huge picinic in Placerville to celebrate and bring them home. I took as many photos as possible this morning, and am hoping my dear friend, Wendy, will get a few more this week. My daughters and I sewed their 4 skirts (one of which we sewed twice), 4 bonnets, and 2 aprons. I also helped to sew several more bonnets, aprons, and skirts. I cleaned up my sewing area Monday night, and then we finished packing them up. They are allowed to bring 17 pounds of personal belongings in a wonderful, white food storage bucket. They both came in under 13 pounds. In addition to their personal bucket, they brought a sleeping bag and a foam pad. About 80 people are going, and it was quite a sight to see two yellow school busses, a huge U-Haul, 4 portable bathrooms, two huge water bladders (on the backs of trucks) and several other loaded down trucks and trailers pull out this morning. The days will be long, but in the end I hope very rewarding for all who go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment