Tuesday, August 3, 2010

National Night Out

Just got home from our neighborhood's National Night Out (NNO)celebration. It's held every year in the summer, and it usually falls on the hottest day of the year. Last I checked it was 98degrees today, and that was at 4:30pm. NNO started at 6pm. BUT, It is a great get together with food and raffles. Also, the kiddos love it for the jump house, dunk tank, and snow cones.
The police and firemen show up right before dark to run the sirens and hook up the truck to the hydrants. I stood outside of the fire truck spray and just felt the mist. It was awesome! Pretty much one half of the park was getting pummeled (sp? IDK and I Don't Care)with ice cold water that cam
e down fast and hard, and the other was being covered sweetly with a mister. Enjoy the photos!

Ethan, Hayden, and Jessica finding some shade!
Ethan totally soaked doing his rain dance!
The fire truck and all its glory
Me getting a wet hug (the best kind) and showing off my raffle prize...
$50 gift card to New Balance!

No comments: