I can't resist posting a few things this kid has said lately.
First of all, he decided he wanted to learn spanish on Friday. So, I set him up on the computer with a few online lessons while I was doing some things around the house. He LOVED it. I think he spent like 2 hours doing this. He would come and find me in the house, and say a word, then go back down, learn some more, come find me, repeat...
So, Saturday morning rolls around. He wakes up at 7:30, I hear the computer go on (we are still in bed trying to sleep), and then he runs up to our room. He says very clearly, "Quiero ir." (I want to go). Brett and I just kind of giggled, and I got up. I went downstairs to get him breakfast. "What do you want?", I say. He smiles (that big open gap of a smile) and says, "PAN!" (bread). Okie dokie, we are now trying to be bilingual so that he and I "can talk and Natalie won't be able to understand." Mind you, Brett with his portuguese skills is not allowed to help with pronuncation at all!!!!!
SECOND FUNNY THING: There is a series of chapter books called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." Ethan's friend, Jonathan, has this series. Ethan came home from Jonathan's house and tells us that he has the whole series of "Diarrhea of a Wimpy Kid", "or something like that".
Me: Oh really. I think it's called "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"
E: NO, It's "diarrhea" mom.
Me: Ethan, you know what diarrhea is. A DIARY is like a journal, you write things down in it.
E: OOPS! yea, that's what I mean.
No comments:
Post a Comment